[Az-Geocaching] Internet access while on the road: try college/university libraries

Thu, 10 Apr 2003 12:03:07 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1047694673-1050001387=:93490

Scott Wood wrote:

When we were in Vegas last fall it was tempting to log caches very quickly as I
was paying $14/hr for access at an internet cafe, but just didn't feel right about that.

Here is a good idea to get free Internet access while traveling.   Try going to the library of a local college or university.  For example, I did this at Sul Ross State University in Alpine, Texas, which has a cache (SR Mountain) on top of a hill on its campus.

You could also try public libraries as well, although you may need a local address in order to get a library card.

If you don't have a lot of time, enter short log entries, then go back and edit your entries later.

Ken

--0-1047694673-1050001387=:93490

<P><EM>Scott Wood wrote:</EM></P>
<P><EM>When we were in Vegas last fall it was tempting to log caches very quickly as I <BR>was paying $14/hr for access at an internet cafe, but just didn't feel right about that.</EM><BR><BR>Here is a good idea to get free Internet access while traveling.&nbsp;&nbsp; Try going to the library of a local college or university.&nbsp; For example, I did this at <A href="http://www.sulross.edu/default2.asp?ID=1">Sul Ross State University</A> in Alpine, Texas, which has a cache (<A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=12721">SR Mountain</A>)&nbsp;on top of a hill on its campus.</P>
<P>You could also try public libraries as well, although you may need a local address in order to get a library card.&nbsp; </P>
<P>If you don't have a lot of time, enter short log entries, then go back and edit your entries later.</P>
<P>Ken</P>
--0-1047694673-1050001387=:93490--