[Az-Geocaching] For the Caching gods

Koch, Dan listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 10 Apr 2003 11:10:40 -0700

It wouldn't take a total re-log of your old finds.

As noted, archived caches don't get their pages updated...usually.  It only
takes a modification to any of the logs or the cache itself and
geocaching.com will regenerate the page and update all the information.

So, for those caches with 'Groover' as the team name still being displayed,
go edit your log.  Add a space or something, save the changes, and it should
update the information on the cache page to reflect the current state of
affairs.  azgeocaching.com will pick up the changes the next time it polls
the archived cache database.  Since azgeocaching.com doesn't have direct
access to the geocaching.com database, they crawl the pages and just parse
out what is displayed 'on the screen', so to speak.  If you can get
geocaching.com up update the pre-rendered cache page that is displayed,
everything will work as desired.

BTW, this isn't just for caches that have been archived.  If an active cache
hasn't been logged in quite a while, it too will have the 'outdated'
information such as team names and numbers of finds.

At least that's how I believe it works.  Anyone?
LazyK - Dan