[Az-Geocaching] sick and tired

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 09 Apr 2003 09:27:09 -0700

At 10:44 PM 4/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:

>Ya know, sometimes I think that hiding caches for people to enjoy
>finding in this "sport" of geocaching is just tooo much trouble: the
>cost of the containers, logs and initial stuff; the time and trouble

I can't disagree with you at all on this one.  I am planning on hiding a
cache, with a fellow geocachers, over the weekend of the 26/27th, but it
will be a very remote cache.  My last experience hiding a cache and the
struggle I had with the admin have pretty much soured me on hiding any
more.  If you have found a lot of caches, then there should be a little
leeway given by the admins.  After you have found 40 to 50 caches you have
a good idea what makes a good cache, and there should be no question for
teams that have over 100 finds.  The admins should take that in to account.

I have had very little trouble with caches that are out of town getting
plundered.  All of my urban caches have had some sort of problem along the
way, but the only reason I hid those in the first place was because the
forest was closed and goecaching was pretty much non-existant here in
Tucson.  I much prefer the caches that get me out of town.

As I said, I completely understand your frustration, and share it to a
large extent.  While we still love getting out and finding caches, we just
haven't had a lot time lately to do that, I have been giving a lot of
thought to our future of hiding caches, given the new rules, problems
getting them approved and negative attitudes of land managers.

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com