[Az-Geocaching] Re: Let's fight to keep our caches in Scotsdale Desert Preserves: Do not acquiesce to radical "preservationist" policy

Aus Dem Kasten listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 08 Apr 2003 00:08:31 -0700

--------------000607040903050701030803

    I must adimit I do not have enough information about this topic to
take a stance one way or another.  I will need to look more into this
issue to develop an opinion on the matter or determine whether or not
this issue is worth the hassle at this time, considering all that is
happening in the world today.

    However, I am in agreeance with Jeff that I did not join the
listserv nor do I particiapte in Geocaching to read peoples personal
rants.  In part, I find it ironic that the only reason I read this
message was because it was sent to the listserv by the very same person
who referred to the message as "spam".  Although, to be honest, I would
have done the same thing.  I also would take offense to anyone saying
"Here's my opinion, but don't tell anyone, especially people who disagree".

    To clarify what I read the email stated "*please do forward this
note to other geocachers without my permission*".  I am unsure if this
was a typo, but it seems that Ken said to forward the email to
geocachers without his permission...rather than saying "do not forward
it".  However, he did clearly state  not to forward it to the listserv
and made it clear that he did not want Steve from Team Tierra Buena to
see it.  Again, I do not have all the info on this topic, but it seems
that Team Tierra Buena seems to at least make a public stance without
trying to sneak around.  I have yet to meet Steve but he must be pretty
scary to fear even sharing your viewpoint with him.

Aus Dem Kasten
geocaching@pcgraffiti.com

Jeff Moriarty wrote:

> Ken,
>
> This is an unsolicited email to me, or what is commonly referred to as
> "Spam".  I didn't join the Listserv to have people send me their
> personal rants.  I would be more forgiving if this was an honest email
> or some sort of worthwhile cause here, but all you did is spout off
> your own opinions from a high horse.  To put frosting on the cake you
> send it to me without MY permission, then start your message telling
> me not to do something without YOUR permission.
>
> Since you so nicely ignored my preferences, I will ignore yours and
> forward your message to the list and to Team Tierra Buena directly.
> Perhaps in the future you will be more considerate of other people
> when you climb onto your soapbox.
>
> Jeff.

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I must adimit I do not have enough information about this topic to take
a stance one way or another. &nbsp;I will need to look more into this issue to
develop an opinion on the matter or determine whether or not this issue is
worth the hassle at this time, considering all that is happening in the world
today.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; However, I am in agreeance with Jeff that I did not join the listserv
nor do I particiapte in Geocaching to read peoples personal rants. &nbsp;In part,
I find it ironic that the only reason I read this message was because it
was sent to the listserv by the very same person who referred to the message
as "spam". &nbsp;Although, to be honest, I would have done the same thing. &nbsp;I
also would take offense to anyone saying "Here's my opinion, but don't tell
anyone, especially people who disagree".<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; To clarify what I read the email stated "<strong>please do forward
 this note to other geocachers without my permission</strong>". &nbsp;I am unsure
if this was a typo, but it seems that Ken said to forward the email to geocachers
without his permission...rather than saying "do not forward it". &nbsp;However,
he did clearly state&nbsp; not to forward it to the listserv and made it clear
that he did not want Steve from Team Tierra Buena to see it. &nbsp;Again, I do
not have all the info on this topic, but it seems that Team Tierra Buena
seems to at least make a public stance without trying to sneak around. &nbsp;I
have yet to meet Steve but he must be pretty scary to fear even sharing your
viewpoint with him.<br>
Aus Dem Kasten<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:geocaching@pcgraffiti.com">geocaching@pcgraffiti.com</a><br>
Jeff Moriarty wrote:<br>

what is  commonly referred to as "Spam".&nbsp; I didn't join the Listserv to have
people  send me their personal rants.&nbsp; I would be more forgiving if this
was an  honest email or some sort of worthwhile cause here, but all you did
is spout off  your own opinions from a high horse.&nbsp; To put frosting on the
cake you send  it to me without MY permission, then start your message telling
me not to do  something without YOUR permission.</font></div>

I will  ignore yours and forward your message to the list and to Team Tierra
Buena  directly.&nbsp; Perhaps in the future you will be more considerate of other
 people when you climb onto your soapbox.</font></div>

 style="border-left: 2px solid rgb(0,0,0); padding-right: 0px; padding-left: 5px; margin-left: 5px; margin-right: 0px;">

 style="font-family: arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size-adjust: none;">-----
Original Message ----- </div>

 style="background: rgb(228,228,228) none repeat scroll 0%; font-family: arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size-adjust: none;"><b>From:</b>
   <a title="ken@highpointer.com" href="mailto:ken@highpointer.com">ken@highpointer.com</a>

 style="font-family: arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size-adjust: none;"><b>To:</b>
    <a title="geocaching@yahoo.com" href="mailto:geocaching@yahoo.com">geocaching@yahoo.com</a>

 style="font-family: arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size-adjust: none;"><b>Sent:</b>
Sunday, April 06, 2003 3:06  PM</div>

 style="font-family: arial; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 10pt; line-height: normal; font-stretch: normal; font-size-adjust: none;"><b>Subject:</b>
Let's fight to keep our caches    in Scotsdale Desert Preserves: Do not acquiesce
to radical "preservationist"    policy</div>

   posting.&nbsp; Please do not forward it to that group, and please do forward
   this note to other geocachers without my permission.</strong></p>

that    the Commission sees the Preserve more akin to a Designated Wilderness
Area    than a Municipal Park, and the city ordinances that created the Preserve
and    the Commission back that up. Considered in that light, banning Geocaching
   makes a lot more sense in the Preserve than in many other public    lands.</em></p>

   of the Scottsdale McDowell-Sonoran Preserve, and we as Geocachers should
fight    to maintain our rights to hide and maintain caches in the Scottsdale
Desert    Preserves.&nbsp; Why should we simply acquiesce to such a blatently
unfair    policy?&nbsp; This land is public land that should be available to all
of    us.&nbsp; As a freedom-loving American, I am fervently opposed to    "preservationists"
who want to lock us out of public lands and treat us like    we are living
in a dictatorship.&nbsp; (Although I consider myself to be a    conservationist,
the more I learn about what "preservationists" want to do and    the restrictions
they want to put on us, the more I become opposed to people    like that).</p>

need    more, not fewer, geocaches on backcountry lands, caches that require
long    hikes, are on top of mountain peaks, and are not close to parking
areas or    vehicle access.</p>

list    server.&nbsp; I am not sending this to Steve of Team Tierra Buena because
I    very much opposed to his position on this matter.&nbsp; Therefore, please
do    not forward this note to him.</p>

   geocaching.&nbsp; One of the caches he said should be removed is the Thompson
   Peak geocache, which I will not remove because I feel that it is one of
the    best geocaches in the Phoenix metropolitan area.&nbsp; (Geocachers who
have    visited it have expressed very favorable opinions on the log entries).&nbsp;
   We need more caches like this one, not fewer. (I am getting tired of many
of    these&nbsp;urban caches that require no physical exertion to find, and
 which&nbsp;often become missing after a short time).&nbsp; </p>

caches.&nbsp; Therefore, if the Scottsdale Preserve "preservationists" want to
   get and remove my cache, they would have to become&nbsp;a member.</p>

--------------000607040903050701030803--