[Az-Geocaching] Geocaching.com administrator questions whether my museum caches are really "geocaches"

Brent Milner listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 14:52:19 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_001E_01C2656C.50193DA0

Howdy Ken,

My two cents of advice says, "Go ahead and place your museum caches freely."
However, I think you should think of a way to name these cahces so that it
doesn't give away the fact that they're located within a museum. For
instance, let's say you're leading someone to the US Presidents Museum,
because you want them to tell you how many fingers Teddy Roosevelt's statue
has on its right hand. You can list the coordinates to the museum with the
GPS coordinates, and then direct them inside by telling them which way to
turn to get to the statue. Instead of naming the cache "US Presidents Museum
Cache," I'd suggest naming it something like "Teddy's Fingers Cache."

Is that too bizarre?

-FroBro Q-Tip