[Az-Geocaching] EasyGPS

Jason Poulter listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 21:56:38 -0700

you can also just delete the ones from the list before you upload them
to the gps...

this is what i do with my waypoint files....

down load your team specific waypoint file....

sort them by symbol type

select all the ones you have found... delete them
select all the archived ... delete them
select all the limbo... delete them...

usually there is still more than will fit in my gps...

so using my garmin mapsource prg with its visual map i select and delete
caches that are not going to be in the gereral area or direction im
going to go caching till i have the numbers small enough to fit in my
gps....

the upload....

if i was using easy gps this is what i would do.... after the above steps...

right click one of the caches i was going to search for and set it as
the active waypoint... now all distance will be measured from it as the
center.....

then click on the column head 'Distance to Active Point' and resort them
to show the distance from your selected point....

now simply delete the ones that are to far out of the way or dont have
space for....

this geocaching lesson brought to you from the minds of people....

jason
team snaptek