[Az-Geocaching] newbie requesting help

Holmes, Richard listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 07:49:00 -0700

The key (no pun intended) is in the encryption. Keyword encrypt/decrypt is
extensively covered on the web. The variations are whether the numerics are
included in the matrix, and if they are, whether "0" is at the beginning or
the end. Generally, if a software puke crates the matrix, "0" is at the end.
If a hardware weenie creates it "0" is at the beginning.

There are a lot of caches out there that use keyword encryption; Wyle E has
done several as I recall. The real fun is in learning the technique; so I
will say no more. Go to the web; don't settle for any one source.

CJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Heather Drake [mailto:h3rdr8k@ispwest.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 7:47 AM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] newbie requesting help

I am attempting the "19th Hole" by Tres Hombres.  After about 3 nights of
looking at the puzzle, I can't figure out how to decipher it.  Any hints
would be greatly appreciated.  I've done the first part where I went to the
coordinates and got the word and put it in the tongue of the Tres Hombres.
My inner coyote just isn't howling to me on this one.

Thanks,
Heather (aka Darsantre in her log sigs)