[Az-Geocaching] introduction

Mon, 23 Sep 2002 15:53:56 -0700 (PDT)

Welcome Heather!
We're glad you are here! I hope you continue to cache and trust me, it
will get easier with experience. As others have said, please feel free
to ask questions.
I live in the Prescott area. We have some SWEET caches up here
:-)(brag, brag) if you get up this way and need any help, please
contact me.

Trisha "Lightning"
Yavapai County Jeep Posse Searchers
Prescott

I am also part of the search and rescue group that will be finding you
if you get lost or in a pickle up in this part of AZ!

On Sun, 22 September 2002, Heather Drake wrote:

> Hiya to all you AZ geocachers!
>
> My name is Heather (I go by Darsantre in my log sigs) and I just
> wanted to
> introduce myself.  I'm new to this sport/hobby and first heard about
> it on
> channel 12 news.  After seeing that report, I thought to myself 'hey,
> I can
> do this!'  So I bought a Garmin eTrex and went out searching.  Boy
has
> this
> been a challenge!  I found my first cache on Sept. 14; in 8 days I've
> found
> 10 caches.  And I've been doing some serious looking!
>
> I know to you experienced cachers, the urban cachers are "just
too
> easy,"
> but I'm getting frustrated at my lack of finding the
"easy" ones.  Some