[Az-Geocaching] introduction

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 22:13:21 -0700

> My name is Heather

<All together, now> HI, HEATHER!

> I know to you experienced cachers, the urban cachers are
> "just too easy," but I'm getting frustrated at my lack of
> finding the "easy" ones.

As the proud owner of the third-largest collection of Not Found logs in
the state, permit me to welcome you to our collective addiction. The
frustration doesn't go away until you do find them, but sometimes the
frustration enhances the ultimate satisfaction when you do find 'em. As
proof, I offer into evidence our multiple log entries on Holiday Cache
(http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=16160). It took us
four tries before we were successful, although I think after all our
whining they did upgrade the difficulty rating from 1 to 2. This wasn't
as a result of being inexperienced, either. When we did finally find it,
it was the 147th notch in our GPSr.

> Some sites I've been to about 5
> times and still haven't come across the cache containers.

Since I can't locate any Not Found logs for you I can't offer you any
specific advice, but keep in mind that lots of urban caches are hidden
for the purpose of providing a challenging find (very small containers,
well-camouflaged, etc.).

> However, I love the fact that I'm up early and out of the
> house on the weekends and _doing_ something interesting that
> I'm finding challenging and enjoyable!

And that is what it's really all about. Happy caching!

Steve
Team Tierra Buena

PS: I wonder how AzFastFeet passed us for second most not-founds? I
can't wait till this meeting is over so I can find some time to go
caching again!