[Az-Geocaching] introduction

Heather Drake listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 21:47:11 -0700

Hiya to all you AZ geocachers!

My name is Heather (I go by Darsantre in my log sigs) and I just wanted to
introduce myself.  I'm new to this sport/hobby and first heard about it on
channel 12 news.  After seeing that report, I thought to myself 'hey, I can
do this!'  So I bought a Garmin eTrex and went out searching.  Boy has this
been a challenge!  I found my first cache on Sept. 14; in 8 days I've found
10 caches.  And I've been doing some serious looking!

I know to you experienced cachers, the urban cachers are "just too easy,"
but I'm getting frustrated at my lack of finding the "easy" ones.  Some
sites I've been to about 5 times and still haven't come across the cache
containers.  However, I love the fact that I'm up early and out of the house
on the weekends and _doing_ something interesting that I'm finding
challenging and enjoyable!

A little about me:  I'm 32, single, a professional educator, have two
wonderful woofies (a Black Lab & a Lhasa Apso), love to travel, speak German
and Spanish, and am working on a second Master's degree at ASU.

I've been telling my sister in England and friends in Belgium, Hong Kong,
Germany and Kazakhstan about this sport.  They've all told me to visit them
and they would gladly join me in the hunt. :)

Well, I'm sorry that I missed the potluck today, but I hope to meet other
cachers soon!

Bye for now,
Darsantre