[Az-Geocaching] Are the urban caches getting out of hand?

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
22 Sep 2002 20:00:35 -0700

I have to disagree with this.  Geocaching is something that should be
enjoyable to everyone.  I like to think that my grandmother could do
some caching.  If all the caches had some difficult terrain, or required
you to search for long periods of time, there is no way she could stand
up long enough to find the caches, if she could ever get to them in the
first place.
Parks with several caches in them have their place as well.  It would be
nice to have a park that you can come to and have a few burgers and turn
the kids loose finding caches without having to cart them around all
over the place.
There is a reason that the difficulty goes all the way down to 1.  I
think that sometimes people forget that it's not about the quantity of
caches you have found.  I personally have had about 5 caches all within
walking distance from my house, none of them I have even tried to find.
I do do urban caches from time to time, but I much prefer to get into
the great outdoors.  I believe that Jason feels the same way, and it
tends to show in our stats since we don't have a whole lot of time that
lets us get out and find the more difficult caches to get to.

Anyway, everyone has their own reasons for placing caches... Let them
place them.  I don't play games that say they are for ages 3-6 and then
complain the game is too easy.  It doesn't mean they shouldn't exist,
there are a lot of 3-6 year olds running around.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek