[Az-Geocaching] Are the urban caches getting out of hand?

Loran Wilcox listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 12:10:54 -0700

I know I'm gone but I just have to say my piece.

I have learned a lot about hiding urban caches but are a little concerned
about hinding them here in Michigan.

Early on the urban caches where creative and seemed to add to the sport of
geocaching. Lately they have become just another number in our stats. My
concern is that new cachers will find them uninteresting and unchallenging
and never really join the sport. Pretty much the same way I fell about
benchmarks and why I don't search for them.

There have been a lot of caches placed, that where placed for just the sake
of placing a cache or caches that were to close to other caches. Such as 15
feet apart or 4-5 caches in the same park.

The bottom line is there are just too many easy cahes that require almost no
skill to get to or find. Also there are just too many caches too close
together. How else could some one find 45 in a day. I beleive a fairly new
caher would be able to find over 100 in a 24 hr period..

Remember all cachers are the cache police. It is up to all of us to make
geocaching better. We are the ones that will either make this sport or break
it.

Take critisium in stride and use it to better the sport not kill it.

Geocaching will be what we make.

Loran (Team Saand Dollar)