[Az-Geocaching] Open Invitation to all and CHICKS with TRUCKS a challeng...

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 22 Sep 2002 09:57:02 -0700

--=====================_44895326==_.ALT

At 06:44 AM 9/22/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>I look forward to the picnic as well
>
>  I  as a cacher who has found several of their caches decided to offer
> suggestions but for some unknown reason they took it as an attack, it is
> sad that they took the archive approach as they had some nice areas to visit...

I have been trying to come up with a reply to your original post as well,
but Kelly of Team Roadrunners pretty much said everything that I would have
said.

I think they might have gotten upset because of the somewhat elitist sound
your message had.  It is frankly none of your business how they place their
caches, and you have no right to ask them to archive any of their
caches.  While some of their caches might be open to some criticism, others
have been enjoyable caches.  The reality of the matter is that if I don't
like the way that they hide caches, I just won't go and look for them.  You
said that they would have the respect of the geocaching community if they
archived their caches.  You don't speak for me, or for the geocaching
community for that matter, none of us do.  CwT have my respect because they
took the time to go out and hide caches for people to find.  I don't care
if they are easy urban caches, or harder rural ones, I enjoy finding both.

Far too many people seem to want to turn themselves into Cache Police for
some reason.  I can't see this as being a positive for this game.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache

--=====================_44895326==_.ALT

At 06:44 AM 9/22/2002 -0700, you wrote:<br>
forward to the picnic as well&nbsp; </font><br>
&nbsp;<br>
of their caches decided to offer suggestions but for some unknown reason
they took it as an attack, it is sad that they took the archive approach
I have been trying to come up with a reply to your original post as well,
but Kelly of Team Roadrunners pretty much said everything that I would
have said.<br><br>
I think they might have gotten upset because of the somewhat elitist
sound your message had.&nbsp; It is frankly none of your business how
they place their caches, and you have no right to ask them to archive any
of their caches.&nbsp; While some of their caches might be open to some
criticism, others have been enjoyable caches.&nbsp; The reality of the
matter is that if I don't like the way that they hide caches, I just
won't go and look for them.&nbsp; You said that they would have the
respect of the geocaching community if they archived their caches.&nbsp;
You don't speak for me, or for the geocaching community for that matter,
none of us do.&nbsp; CwT have my respect because they took the time to go
out and hide caches for people to find.&nbsp; I don't care if they are
easy urban caches, or harder rural ones, I enjoy finding both.<br><br>
Far too many people seem to want to turn themselves into Cache Police for
some reason.&nbsp; I can't see this as being a positive for this
game.<br><br>