[Az-Geocaching] PDA POLL!!!

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 20:21:19 -0700

> if you have a pda could you please reply with your
>
> Make & Model
> OS (i.e Palm, WinCE, PocketPC, etc...)
> Memory

Palm m130 PalmOS 4.1, 8 Meg.

Which is why I don't use the Snaptek cache page download anymore
<sniffle>. We like having the log entries, but can't get the entire
state on our machine. I would love to get rid of the MobiPocket reader
that Jeremy uses (I think there's some symbolism in software name; it
sounds SO much like a big whale), but for us the ability to select which
pages we're downloading outweighs the disadvantages.

Now, that said... We are thinking about upgrading our PDA. There are
three reasons for this:

1. We'd like to get more memory so we CAN download the Snaptek files.
2. We'd like to find a screen that has brighter display outdoors. And
most important:
3. Palm is offering FULL REFUNDS (purchase price and tax) to m130 owners
who want to return them (If you own one and don't know about this, see
http://www.palm.com/support/m130program/).

So, who's got a PalmOS machine that will say they have great readability
outdoors? And if it isn't a Palm brand, please let me know what software
you use for the desktop. (And no thanks, I'm not interested in WinCE
machines; I already get more than my share of Microsoft aggravation on
the desktop).

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena