[Az-Geocaching] Cache pages cached example

Brent Milner listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 17:16:33 -0700

That's what I was imagining. A good way to test it would be to post a note
and look to see if the "found" number changes. You can then delete the note
you just posted, and the numbers should be current.

-FroBro Q-Tip

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of Koch,
Dan
Sent: Thursday, September 19, 2002 5:05 PM
To: 'listserv@azgeocaching.com'
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] Cache pages cached example

I just noticed something that I thought was strange.

Notice that Team Scooby-Doo has (1 found) after their name on this page:

but has (2 found) on this cache page:

and has (3 found) on this cache page:

and (4 found) on this cache page:

Is this caused by the recent redo of the geocaching.com cache pages?  If I
remember correctly, the cache pages are generated each time something
changes with a cache(for example someone posts a found log).  Otherwise, the
pages will have static text that won't be updated every time the page is
viewed.  As soon as someone finds 'Manzanita Cache' again, the total found
for each team will update to whatever is current (in this case 4 found), but
will then stay that way until the cache is logged again.  This sound right?

I just thought this was a good example.  Also shows that we can't depend on
the number of finds listed on a cache page as being current...

Dan
Team LazyK