[Az-Geocaching] Error in stats?

Brent Milner listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 10:45:31 -0700

One of the reasons they may have been slow is that they have to hit the
database numerous times with every cache page, looking to see how many finds
each logged user has in their total. I believe this may have been the reason
they removed the totals next to each user's name. Brian explained this in a
way around that.

One thing I noticed on geocaching.com, my name shows up as "Q-Tip (FroBro
Q-Tip)" now. It used to be just "FroBro Q-Tip." I'm searching for an
explanation to this on the site.

-FroBro Q-Tip

-----Original Message-----
From: az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com
[mailto:az-geocaching-admin@listserv.azgeocaching.com]On Behalf Of
Holmes, Richard
Sent: Wednesday, September 18, 2002 9:48 AM
To: 'listserv@azgeocaching.com'
Subject: RE: [Az-Geocaching] Error in stats?

I'm concerned that Geocaching's popularity has overwhelmed the
geocaching.com servers. As a broadband subscriber, I tend to attribute slow
response, correctly most of the time, to far end equipment loading. Friday
evening through Sunday night response is agonizingly slow. I also use Yahoo
as a metric; if I see slow response on a site, I attempt a few contacts with
Yahoo; invariable their response is "eye-twinkling". (There's one for you,
Trisha; biblical probably. But then, I tangent.)

I'm reluctant to criticize my funprovider, but I think Geocaching.com needs
a plus-up. (Trisha, that's a Pentagon term for adding funding to a program.)

Dick
CJ