[Az-Geocaching] UTM/NAD 27 coordinates!

Mon, 16 Sep 2002 18:26:57 -0700 (PDT)

On a search up by Flag last winter (for those 2 lost boys), Coco Co.
was using UTM. I was not real familar with it, but as the radio
operator, I just had to confirm and pass on whatever the field units
said. Luckily, one of the guys knew UTM very well, so he was map
plotter for the night shift!
Our Posse has a template we use with both standard topos and FS maps.
It is clear plastic and has the appropriate scales along the sides to
find minutes and seconds. Without that, I agree, topo's are hard to do
DD.MM.MMM or DD.MM.SS on.
See y'all,
Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott