[Az-Geocaching] FRS Radios

Holmes, Richard listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 06:26:50 -0700

We looked at many, and performance wise they all seem to max out the FCC
spec. We bought the one with the loop/clip built into the case, and found
that feature to be the one we appreciate the most. We also went for price,
thinking that we probably won't keep the first ones we buy; wrong, these are
keepers. I think we paid $29 the pair somewhere on sale. We have found they
are worth twice the price; we don't ever go out without them!

We passed on the vibrate feature. I have a cell phone that vibrates, and I
find I use up all my air time calling myself.

Dick

CJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Wood [mailto:wood@myblueheaven.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 9:48 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] FRS Radios

I am looking at FRS radios and really have nothing to go on.  I don't know
anyone who is currently using these.

I am sure that there must be someone out in the geocaching community that
has some experience with these radios.  What are some of the things that I
should look for or stay away from when shopping for them?

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache