[Az-Geocaching] FRS Radios

Farquhar, Larry listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 12 Sep 2002 05:24:08 -0700

We use them - we love them for certain uses - but don't know enough to
advise you on them. We mainly use them to communicate in campgrounds. We use
them when we know we might get separated from each other. Usually at fairs,
rallies, swap meets, etc. Sometimes we use them if in different cars and we
don't both have a CB radio. While traveling, the CB is used.

Larry Farquhar
Team "Wyle E"
www.happy-wanderers.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Wood [mailto:wood@myblueheaven.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2002 9:48 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] FRS Radios

I am looking at FRS radios and really have nothing to go on.  I don't know
anyone who is currently using these.

I am sure that there must be someone out in the geocaching community that
has some experience with these radios.  What are some of the things that I
should look for or stay away from when shopping for them?

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache