[Az-Geocaching] why did you choose the team name that use you

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 16:58:16 -0700

I chose team Ropingthewind...

simply because that is the name of my business (Roping The Wind Hot Air
Balloon Company) and more so because that is the name of my balloon team
(Roping The Wind Balloon Team).

Pilots name their balloons much like sailors name their ships. I purchased
my very first balloon back in early 1994 and I knew right away what I was
going to name it... Roping The Wind. I got the name from an old Chris Ledoux
song "Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy". In the song he says "... tryin' to
rope the wind...".

I also enjoy old western/cowboy music and going to roping competitions on
occasion as a few of my friends are involved in that. So, the name for my
company and my balloon team and now for geocaching was an easy choice.

Scott
Team Ropingthewind

__/-
/\/\