[Az-Geocaching] RE: why did you choose the team name that you use?

Dennis Wodarz listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 13:27:14 -0700

Frobro Q-tip explained the Frobro name well in his post. I just want to
add a couple things.

First the stickers. We are pretty popular at the games and most regular
fans are familiar with us. We try to get the crowd going any way we can.
We have made many great signs (including the first manual powered
Frometer on which the scoreboard noise meter was later based). We have
little routines for events during the game, we heckle opposing players,
do bird and hyena calls etc. Anyway we always get a lot of interest from
kids and (for some reason that is still beyond me) middle aged women. We
always stop to have our pictures taken with them, give autographs!!,
talk to them and get them to laugh.  We developed the stickers to give
to the kids and help promote out web site when it was active. Kids (and
the women) liked the stickers so much that we've been using them ever
since. So they also seemed like a good thing to put in caches. I have
already left many "frobro 5-packs" (a set of stickers, one of each
Frobro) in caches around town.

The head fan (the mannequin head on a stick I carry) happened like this.
I'm not sure where the idea originally came from or where the first head
was found but right after we acquired our first afro wigs, we also
started carrying the mannequin heads they usually come on to the games
too.  All of us had them back then but they were not on sticks. We used
them to cheer and to do various dance routines to the music etc.  Well,
the other Frbros eventually got tired of the heads since they were a
little cumbersome and prevented you from clapping etc. I mounted mine on
a stick and kept bringing it. I get lots of questions about why I have a
head on a stick. My answer is simply: it's the head fan!

The origin of "D-Dubs" isn't really exciting. It's basically just my
initials (no middle name for me) DW pronounced the way several friends
do.

FroBro D-Dubs