[Az-Geocaching] why did you choose the team name that use you

Chelby Geiss listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 10 Sep 2002 07:58:37 -0700

"desertSol" came about in June of 1996 when Kevin (the fiance) bought
me an early wedding present...my dream car, a 1996 Honda del Sol DOHC
VTEC.  It's my baby!  It's my stress relief, has gotten me into a lot
of trouble, has brought me many new friends, and we have enjoyed 162K
miles together...and still going strong(we autocrossed last weekend)!
About that time the state switched to the new design of plates and
expanded the personalized plates to 7 spaces instead of 6.  I spent
days playing with words, letters and those 7 spaces when "dsrtsol" just
hit me...and I know that was IT!
We live in the desert+del Sol=desertSol---filed down to 7 spaces=dsrtsol

I have also named my fledgling pottery/sculpture business "desertSol
studio."  And Kev grabbed the URL www.desertsol.com for me...what a
sweet hubby!
So it just made sense to become Team desertSol:)
We recently placed a cache(Cache del Sol-GC77D8) 1) in a gorgeous place
we love and 2) to honor the Honda del Sol and the 5 year anniversary of
Arizona Sols (del Sol club-www.azsols.com).  We asked people to share
something about their favorite sports car when they log the cache!

Hmmmm...see a theme in our lives?:)
C:)
Team desertSol
Chelby & Kevin