[Az-Geocaching] Cache placement question

Scott Nicol listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 09 Sep 2002 23:32:09 -0700

Is it legal to hide a cache in a Wilderness Area? Seems I have read on this
listserver and/or elsewhere that is is not. However, the geocaching.com
'Cache Listing Requirements/Guidelines' only says that a cache can't be
placed on National Park Service land (and of course private property without
permission, etc). However, it says nothing about Wilderness Areas. So, can a
cache be placed in a WA or not?

The Superstition Wilderness Area has perhaps 8 or more caches in it as an
example.

I beleive WA's are managed by BLM (?). I will read up on the regulations on
BLM land and see if there is anything that would prohibit the placement of a
geocache. But, wanted to post to this list on this subject as well.

Thanks,

Scott
Team Ropingthewind
http://www.safwp.bravepages.com/geocaching.html