[Az-Geocaching] Perhaps...

Brian Casteel listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 17:59:34 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C2582A.A77971E0

Perhaps, there are some of us who have found so many caches, that =
difficulty tends to become a mark of a 'good' cache, because lower =
ranked ones in terms of difficulty/terrain provide little challenge. =20

Or perhaps, a cache some of us see as a waste of time, requiring no =
thought may not mean that to the person placing it.  Maybe to them it is =
a special location, and by placing a simple cache there, hoped to =
introduce other like-minded people to what they enjoy.  Take Team =
GreenSpeed's 12th anniversary cache.  By the 'standards' I've read =
lately, this would appear to be a complete waste of time.  However, to =
them it has 2 special meanings.  One to signify their 12th anniversary =
(hence the name), and to also enjoy the experience of watching people =
find the cache.

Please don't take offense to this next statement, but I really hope that =
geocaching in Arizona doesn't become elitist, where the most seasoned =
veterans pass judgement on caches by what they perceive as a waste of =
time or a cached placed with little thought. =20

Not everyone has the time or means to head out and climb a mountain to =
find a cache that qualifies as a 'quality' cache.  Urban caches, while =
often simple in terms of difficulty, provide a great family bonding =
experience, and entertainment for the younger masses.  It's also =
enjoyable for the parents to watch their children become excited over =
finding a cache...those memories last a lifetime.

Just my .02

Brian
Team A.I.
I haven't lost my mind.  It's backed up on disk somewhere.
------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C2582A.A77971E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Perhaps, there are some of us who have =
found so=20
many caches, that difficulty tends to become a mark of a 'good' cache, =
because=20
lower ranked ones in terms of difficulty/terrain provide little =
challenge.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Or perhaps, a cache some of us see as a =
waste of=20
time, requiring no thought may not mean that to the person placing =
it.&nbsp;=20
Maybe to them it is a special location, and by placing a simple cache =
there,=20
hoped to introduce other like-minded people to what they enjoy.&nbsp; =
Take Team=20
GreenSpeed's 12th anniversary cache.&nbsp; By the 'standards' I've read =
lately,=20
this would appear to be a complete waste of time.&nbsp; However, to them =
it has=20
2 special meanings.&nbsp; One to signify their 12th anniversary (hence =
the=20
name), and to also enjoy the experience of watching people find the=20
cache.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Please don't take offense to this next =
statement,=20
but I really hope that geocaching in Arizona doesn't become elitist, =
where the=20
most seasoned veterans pass judgement on caches by what they perceive as =
a waste=20
of time or a cached placed with little thought.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Not everyone has the time or means to =
head out and=20
climb a mountain to find a cache that qualifies as a 'quality' =
cache.&nbsp;=20
Urban caches, while often simple in terms of difficulty, provide a great =
family=20
bonding experience, and entertainment for the younger masses.&nbsp; It's =
also=20
enjoyable for the parents to watch their children become excited over =
finding a=20
cache...those memories last a lifetime.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just my .02</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Brian</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Team A.I.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I haven't lost my mind.&nbsp; It's =
backed up on=20
disk somewhere.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C2582A.A77971E0--