[Az-Geocaching] Serious subject not addressed....off topics go wild!

Ken Henson listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 15:45:04 -0700

On Sunday, September 8, 2002, at 03:19 PM, trisha@brasher.com wrote:

> Welllll......I just asked a serious GEOCACHING related question about
> caches on NForest land, and nobody replies. I can't believe that no
> one on this listserv doesn't know something or at least have an
> educated opinion.
> Maybe if it was off-topic, everybody would be chiming in!! :-))
> Trisha
> "Lightning"
> Prescott

Do you want to make an appointment with Mike King, the Forest
Supervisor, for the Prescott National Forest?  I'll go with you.  I
think we could get some information on THIS forest about geocaching.

I wrote several months ago to the Prescott NF, Coconino NF, and Region 3
Office, USFS.  When I received replies from these offices they were all
the same.  No policy at this time, but check with the local district
before placing caches.  I did not check with the local districts before
placing my caches.

If we do ask, I guess we should be ready to honor what we are told?  No
more flying below the radar?

Last time I talked to an USFS employee he expressed dislike for caches,
and said that the FS did not have time to go pick them up.  They had
more important things to do.

Ken
AKA - Lincoln