[Az-Geocaching] do ammo cans burn???????

Jim Scotti listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 10:00:12 -0700 (MST)

I guess when the consensus thought that an ammo can would be a melted pile of
slag were not quite right.  But they weren't that far off, that's for sure.
How much of the rest of the debris in the container was recognizable in some
way?  The logbook looks surprisingly intact - can you read any of the
entries?  That would be the worst thing about a burnt cache, the lost log
entries....  I think my next cache will have a stone tablet logbook and a
hammer and chisel so that the logbook will survive for a loooooong time....
:-)

Jim.

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, WOLFB8 wrote:

> http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cachelog_details.asp?ID=96329&L=580665
>

> We will be known by the tracks we leave behind

Jim Scotti
Lunar & Planetary Laboratory         jscotti@pirl.lpl.arizona.edu
University of Arizona
Tucson, AZ 85721 USA                 http://www.lpl.arizona.edu/~jscotti/