[Az-Geocaching] Re: Death of geocacher Mike Curtin (a.k.a. FHR

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 04 Sep 2002 22:05:21 -0700

At 08:54 PM 9/4/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>Don't get me wrong...I support a persons right to own and carry a
>firearm(I don't trust myself with a gun).  I just personally prefer the
>protection of double GSD (AKA a 75 and  an 85 lb(and growing) german
>shepherd)  They can be the most loving creatures, but if you threaten
>me...you'll never know what happened.  Plus they make great trail buddies
>and cache hunters!
>C:)

Dogs are great, especially to protect the home when you are not there, but
the reality is that there are times that a dog is as vulnerable as a person.

I remember being on a hike when I was a boy scout.  The scout master had a
dog and we ended up getting on the same path as what turned out being a
sick cougar.  Sadly the cougar got the best of the poor dog, but the scout
master got the best of the cougar with his Winchester 30-30 lever action.

Given the option, I prefer to have both.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com