[Az-Geocaching] Re: SPAM

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
04 Sep 2002 12:45:25 -0700

Just wanted to add my 2 cents worth to the config below.  This WILL get
rid of most spam that you don't want, however it WILL delete any message
that is blind carbon coppied to you (BCCed).  This is fairly rare for
most people.  About the only time I use it is to send a replay to
someone nasty gram and also send a copy without their knowledge to
someone of authority.  We also use it at AzGeocaching.com to send you
contact information when someone has requested to speak with someone on
the mailing list.  That way both parties get the e-mail but the e-mail
address of the person on the list has been conceiled from the party
requesting the contact.

Anyway, just wanted to give people a heads up about the type of e-mail
that the filter WOULD be deleteing that you might actually want.
You might want to tweek the filter slightly so that instead of deleteing
it that it coppies it into a spam folder, then you can go though it at
your leisure without the worry of accidentally deleteing a message you
actually want.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek