[Az-Geocaching] Re:Other Essential Items to Carry

Holmes, Richard listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 07:09:34 -0700

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2541C.B230B830

We, Creepin' Jeepers, carry an Afro Pic comb for removing Cholla buds
from various parts of our anatomy; also a hemostat and magnifying glass.

-----Original Message-----
From: trisha@brasher.com [mailto:trisha@brasher.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 03, 2002 11:08 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] Re:Other Essential Items to Carry

Hey Kelly, Sounds like you have a few good stories to tell....we can
swap sometime! Each person will always personalize what they carry, like
I said, as long as the survival areas are covered.....No list is the
"only" right list, but a few items are essential no matter what. Trisha
Jeakell@aol.com wrote:

  _____

Hey Trish, thanks for submitting the list of essential items to carry
out there.  I always take sunglasses and carry a bandana.  Bandanas have
multiple purposes...a headband/sweat rag, a filter for water, and once I
used one to wrap around my leg when I had a mountain bike accident and
sliced my leg.  We always carry a first aid kit in case of emergencies,
too.  Once in a remote area of the Grand Canyon ( Soap Creek) a friend
sliced her finger deeply while whittling a stick.  We were able to treat
her, but she still passed out.  The finger remained infection free.  I
could give several accounts of backcountry experiences, but that's
enough for now.  You just never know and should always be prepared.
Kelly - "roadrunners"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Although no one can go back and

make a brand new start,

Anyone can start from now and

make a brand new ending."

------_=_NextPart_001_01C2541C.B230B830

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content="MSHTML 5.50.4725.2100" name=GENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=270461314-04092002><FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff size=2>We,
Creepin' Jeepers, carry an Afro Pic comb for removing Cholla buds from various
parts of our anatomy; also a hemostat and magnifying glass.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=ltr style="MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV class=OutlookMessageHeader dir=ltr align=left><FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----<BR><B>From:</B> trisha@brasher.com
  [mailto:trisha@brasher.com]<BR><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, September 03, 2002 11:08
  PM<BR><B>To:</B> listserv@azgeocaching.com<BR><B>Subject:</B> Re:
  [Az-Geocaching] Re:Other Essential Items to Carry<BR><BR></FONT></DIV>Hey
  Kelly, Sounds like you have a few good stories to tell....we can swap
  sometime! Each person will always personalize what they carry, like I said, as
  long as the survival areas are covered.....No list is the "only" right list,
  but a few items are essential no matter what. Trisha Jeakell@aol.com wrote:
  <BR>
  <HR SIZE=1>
  &nbsp;
  <P><FONT face=arial,helvetica>
  <DIV BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" size=2>Hey
  Trish, thanks for submitting the list of essential items to carry out
  there.&nbsp; I always take sunglasses and carry a bandana.&nbsp; Bandanas have
  multiple purposes...a headband/sweat rag, a filter for water, and once I used
  one to wrap around my leg when I had a mountain bike accident and sliced my
  leg.&nbsp; We always carry a first aid kit in case of emergencies, too.&nbsp;
  Once in a remote area of the Grand Canyon ( Soap Creek) a friend sliced her
  finger deeply while whittling a stick.&nbsp; We were able to treat her, but
  she still passed out.&nbsp; The finger remained infection free.&nbsp; I could
  give several accounts of backcountry experiences, but that's enough for
  now.&nbsp; You just never know and should always be prepared.<BR>Kelly -
  "roadrunners" </FONT>