[Az-Geocaching] Re:Other Essential Items to Carry

Tue, 03 Sep 2002 23:07:44 -0700 (PDT)

Hey Kelly,
Sounds like you have a few good stories to tell....we can swap sometime!
Each person will always personalize what they carry, like I said, as long as the survival areas are covered.....No list is the "only" right list, but a few items are essential no matter what.
Trisha

Jeakell@aol.com wrote:

<hr size=1>&nbsp;<p>
<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><div BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2>Hey Trish, thanks for submitting the list of essential items to carry out there.&nbsp; I always take sunglasses and carry a bandana.&nbsp; Bandanas have multiple purposes...a headband/sweat rag, a filter for water, and once I used one to wrap around my leg when I had a mountain bike accident and sliced my leg.&nbsp; We always carry a first aid kit in case of emergencies, too.&nbsp; Once in a remote area of the Grand Canyon ( Soap Creek) a friend sliced her finger deeply while whittling a stick.&nbsp; We were able to treat her, but she still passed out.&nbsp; The finger remained infection free.&nbsp; I could give several accounts of backcountry experiences, but that's enough for now.&nbsp; You just never know and should always be prepared.<BR>
Kelly - "roadrunners" </FONT></HTML>

<pre><pre>
"Although no one can go back and
make a brand new start,