[Az-Geocaching] Death of geocacher Mike Curtin (a.k.a. FHR Rangers) due to heat in Orange County, CA

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 22:44:50 -0700

At 09:59 PM 9/3/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>According to our Posse Operations Manual (and many good hiking books,
>probably) both driver and observer must have an "Observer Kit" (pack)
>with the following REQUIRED items:

That is a good list.  Some of your non-required items I consider essential
like the first aid kit and the "personal tissue".  :-)

As for the radio, I have always found a handheld CB radio to be very valuable.

Some may disagree with me, but I consider a sidearm an essential tool for
being in the back country as well.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com