[Az-Geocaching] Re:Other Essential Items to Carry

Wed, 4 Sep 2002 01:40:28 EDT

--part1_199.c7672f3.2aa6f6cc_boundary

Hey Trish, thanks for submitting the list of essential items to carry out
there.  I always take sunglasses and carry a bandana.  Bandanas have multiple
purposes...a headband/sweat rag, a filter for water, and once I used one to
wrap around my leg when I had a mountain bike accident and sliced my leg.  We
always carry a first aid kit in case of emergencies, too.  Once in a remote
area of the Grand Canyon ( Soap Creek) a friend sliced her finger deeply
while whittling a stick.  We were able to treat her, but she still passed
out.  The finger remained infection free.  I could give several accounts of
backcountry experiences, but that's enough for now.  You just never know and
should always be prepared.
Kelly - "roadrunners"

--part1_199.c7672f3.2aa6f6cc_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff" SIZE=2>Hey Trish, thanks for submitting the list of essential items to carry out there.&nbsp; I always take sunglasses and carry a bandana.&nbsp; Bandanas have multiple purposes...a headband/sweat rag, a filter for water, and once I used one to wrap around my leg when I had a mountain bike accident and sliced my leg.&nbsp; We always carry a first aid kit in case of emergencies, too.&nbsp; Once in a remote area of the Grand Canyon ( Soap Creek) a friend sliced her finger deeply while whittling a stick.&nbsp; We were able to treat her, but she still passed out.&nbsp; The finger remained infection free.&nbsp; I could give several accounts of backcountry experiences, but that's enough for now.&nbsp; You just never know and should always be prepared.<BR>
Kelly - "roadrunners" </FONT></HTML>

--part1_199.c7672f3.2aa6f6cc_boundary--