[Az-Geocaching] Pueblo Grande wrap up!

Chelby Geiss listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 18:55:48 -0700

--Apple-Mail-1-998540969

If you read my log on the cache page...then this pretty much says the
same thing.
But I just wanted to share the experience with those of you not able to
make it!

The turn out exceeded our expectations!  We had 90 people come through
the museum today.  All but 4 participated in the geocaching event one
way or another!  And we had so many newbies who saw the articles and
wanted to find out what this was all about.  Let just say that all that
"negative publicity" brought out many people wanting to learn!  Thanks
to Kristy and the Pueblo Grande for supplying the Archaeological Site
Etiquette sheets (Steve (Team Tierra Buena) and I both grabbed extras to
put in caches.) and the cool carrabener/compass prize!

We also had good discussions with people representing Site Stewards and
BLM...a good dialog has been started and will continue, hopefully
leading to a mutual understanding!

I had the opportunity to take an 8 year old boy out and let him use my
GPS.  This was the highlight of my day!  He was so excited and curious!
I think he will be geocaching very soon!

But my thanks to everyone who came out and made this a success, Kristy
and the Pueblo Grande, and Steve-for his time and help!
We look forward to doing this event again...once it cools down!

C:)
Team desertSol
Chelby & Kevin
+

[...]