[Az-Geocaching] The OASIS Cache

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 15:50:30 -0700

At 10:55 AM 11/30/2002 -0800, you wrote:

>Scott,
>
>I already edited my log entry to make it less annoying and upsetting
>for people like you. Many times I 'joke' in my logs, the original
>intent of part of this log, but obviously that is lost on some people
>who are overly senstive to certain issues. I will be more careful in
>the future to not upset you.

If I would have read your log as it now stands, I would have never posted
my first message.  It is much clearer now that you were close to the
gunfire and the possibility of getting shot was there.  It simply didn't
say that at first, and to come across with a message that you jus about got
shot didn't seem warranted in that light.  It is different with the clearer
picture in the logs.

>There is a difference between hearing a bullet "zing" past you, and
>hearing it hit a building. DUH. By the way, does "hunkered down" mean
>anything to you, like, for example, we thought the gunfire was close??
>Think!!

Now you are the one being insulting.  Yes, "hunkered down" means something,
it means hunkering down.  It doesn't mean  that gunfire was close.  Saying
that the gunfire was close means that the gunfire was close.

Please remember that this is a 2D medium that we are communicating in, and
words mean things.  Humor and sarcasm don't translate well in e-mail.

>there, I am experienced and know what I am talking about, you did call
>me certain names or imply certain things, and I wait for an apology.

Again, I don't believe that I ever called you a name, but if you perceived
it that way, I am sorry, it wasn't meant as such.

>I will not get into a senseless debate with you when the facts are SO
>obvious, and I am sure all the people on this list don't want to hear

Again, now that you have told more of the story, the facts are becoming
more and more clear, it just wasn't the case at first.

>If someone gets shot near that cache, accidently, they have been
>warned.

It would be tragic if someone got shot at any cache.  We spent the entire
day in the Redington Pass area yesterday.  That area is very popular with
target shooters, and we heard gunshots everywhere we went.  I never felt
that I was about to get shot, but I never heard the bullets hit a building
next to me.  That would have been a different matter entirely.

Again, I apologize for the misunderstanding.

In liberty,

Scott

wood@myblueheaven.com
www.myblueheaven.com