[Az-Geocaching] Logs questions

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 25 Nov 2002 14:57:04 -0700

On Monday 25 November 2002 01:58 pm, trisha@brasher.com wrote:
> Oh, I forgot....Brian and Jason, you didn't climb that steep slope to
> sign the log OR exchange goodies on the "RR Rim cache", but nobody
> seemes to have a problem with you logging it online as a "find". I
> still have no problem with it, but I am pointing it out as an example
> that a "strict" interpretation of "you MUST sign" is not always
> appropriate, in my opinion. And yours, if you remember that cache.

There is a difference with that cache though.  Someone signed it for us.  I
was just about out of energy, and didn't feel like spending the night down
there, but if someone hadn't voluteered to sign it for us, I would have gone
up there and done it.
It feel it's extremely important for people to have their presence
acknowledged as being at the cache, in the cache.  If not, why are we hiding
caches.  I sure don't want to put something in the middle of nowhere if there
is never going to be evidence of people being there.  I wan't a history of
what was in and out of the container.  I would prefer if it was online, but I
would insist that it be in the cache.
...of course I would understand having a couple that you just plain couldn't
log over many caches, log completely full, missing long, you life was in
danger, but if you come across someone that seems to not log quite a bit of
the time, I would call into serious question if they had actually been to a
lot of those caches.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek