[Az-Geocaching] Logs questions

Sun, 24 Nov 2002 21:23:18 -0800 (PST)

I do the same thing about log matching, altho' I check with the cacher
(via email) first before I consider deleting logs, because there have
been rare instances (OK, I admit it! :-) when I did not sign the log
(once, I forgot, with my kids harrassing me about what to exchange
plus I was REALLY tired from the hike; once I almost got hit by
lightning so I RAN out of there, once (recently) my husband and kids
had the cache on the other side of the rocks and I was TOO tired to
crawl over to sign, and THEY forgot....) so there could be cases where
logs don't match but the person still found the cache. I don't believe
there is any hard and fast rule on geocaching.com that says you MUST
sign the log, if there is please point it out and I will delete my own
entries (even tho' I did find the cache) :-)

If in doubt about a log, email the cacher who does not have a physical
log and ask them about it, ask them details about the cache to show
they were there (if they can remember, sometimes quite a but of time
passes before I pick up a log book, in my case, about 1 1/2 years for
one of my caches.) Just my opinion, but sometimes there might be a
legit reason and it isn't fair to delete without asking.

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott

href="http://mail.brasher.com/jump/http://www.azgeocaching.com">http://www.azgeocaching.com</a>