[Az-Geocaching] Re:message with excessive kilobytes.

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 14:57:30 -0700

I noticed that, just after I sent the message.  I was reading them in order
and didn't bother to skim ahead to see about those things.  Thanks for doing
that, it really helps a lot with bandwith, especially on our end.  We have to
send the message out over 150 times, so the bandwith quickly add up for us as
well.  Can you imagine the list without the limitation...  Someone could not
be paying attention and accidentally attach 10 megs worth of pictures onto a
e-mail, and then we would have to send out 1.5 gigabytes of mail.  The even
worse part is that with a 10 meg message, most service providers won't even
accept it, so we would get around 100-ish bounces (that I would get coppies
of, overloading my mailbox), so in reality it would end up with the server
having to deal with 3-5 gigs of mail.

Anyway, thanks again.

Brian