[Az-Geocaching] RE: Travel Bugs Revisited (Ken Akerman)

Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:44:49 -0800 (PST)

--0-1446642353-1037331889=:98627

About the only way to solve this problem is not placing a Travel Bug in a cache unless you know that you can get to a computer to log it within a reasonable time.

However, I particularly like putting travel bugs in caches far away from my home, when I have a chance to travel - for example, I like putting travel bugs that I find in Arizona in caches in Utah when I travel to Utah during the summer.  However, when I am traveling to Utah, I camp in my SUV and don't have access to a computer until I get home.

There is a solution to the problem of finding a travel bug in a cache that has not been logged in that cache.  First, "grab" the travel bug, then put the travel bug in the cache that you found it in, then remove it from the cache.  For example, after a game at Bank One Ballpark this summer, I found a travel bug in the G-O BOB cache at Bank One Ballpark.  When I got home, I went to my computer to log the travel bug finding, but it hadn't been logged in the cache yet.

The person who put the travel bug in the cache had put it in there earlier same day, and they hadn't yet gotten to a computer to log it in when I signed onto Geocaching.com.   Therefore, I "grabbed" the travel bug, then put it in G-O BOB, and then removed it from G-O BOB.  This correctly placed the travel bug in the G-O BOB cache and then put it in my hands.  I moved the travel bug to another cache in South Mountain Park three days later.

Ken

--0-1446642353-1037331889=:98627

<P><EM>About the only way to solve this problem is not placing a Travel Bug in a cache unless you know that you can get to a computer to log it within a reasonable time.</EM></P>
<P>However, I particularly like putting travel bugs in caches far away from my home, when I have a chance to travel&nbsp;- for example, I&nbsp;like putting travel bugs&nbsp;that I find&nbsp;in Arizona in caches in Utah when I travel to Utah during the summer.&nbsp; However, when I am traveling to Utah, I camp in my SUV and don't have access to a computer until I get home.</P>
<P>There is a solution to the problem of finding a travel bug in a cache that has not been logged in that cache.&nbsp;&nbsp;First, "grab" the travel bug, then put the travel bug in the cache that you found it in, then remove it from the cache.&nbsp; For example,&nbsp;after a game at Bank One Ballpark this summer, I found a travel bug in the&nbsp;<A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=26148">G-O BOB</A> cache at Bank&nbsp;One Ballpark.&nbsp; When I got home,&nbsp;I went to my computer to log the travel bug finding, but it hadn't been logged in the cache yet.</P>
<P>The person who put the travel bug in the cache had put it in there earlier&nbsp;same day, and they hadn't yet gotten to a computer to log it in when I signed onto Geocaching.com.&nbsp; &nbsp;Therefore, I "grabbed" the travel bug, then put it in G-O BOB, and then removed it from G-O BOB.&nbsp; This correctly placed the travel bug in the G-O BOB cache and then put it in my hands.&nbsp; I moved the travel bug to another cache in South Mountain Park three days later.</P>
<P>Ken&nbsp;<A href="http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=26148"><BR></A>&nbsp;</P>
--0-1446642353-1037331889=:98627--