[Az-Geocaching] El Camino del Diablo Strike Force

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 19:06:36 -0700

At 06:33 PM 11/11/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>I realize I wasn't clear about that in my original post. Don't know for
>sure if they'll take a request for the forms by email, since they don't
>provide a specific address to send application requests to. But last
>time we sent a snail mail to the Refuge's Ajo address, and it took
>around a week to get the forms back, and then another week to ten days
>turnaround for the permits themselves.

The following is from my Arizona Backcountry Adventures book.

"In recent years the permit system has been streamlined, so that one permit
now covers access into the Barry M. Goldwater Air Force Range, the Cabeza
Prieta National Wildlife Refuge, and Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument.
It is essential that you obtain a permit before you go.  The permit allows
you to cross Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument on the Bates Well Road only.

Permits may be obtained from the following places.

Luke Air Force Base
Gila Bend Auxiliary Field
Range Operations
Gila Bend, AZ  85337
(520) 683-6272

Range Management Department
Box 99160
Marine Corps Air Station
Yuma, AZ  85369
(520) 341-3402

Bureau of Land Management
Yuma Field Office
2555 Gilda Ridge Road
Yuma, AZ  85365
(520) 317-3200

Bureau of Land Management
Phoenix Field Office
2015 West Deer Vally Road
Phoenix, AZ  85027
(602) 580-5500

Cabeza Prieta National Wildlife Refuge
1611 North 2nd Ave.
Ajo, AZ  85321
(520) 387-5226

Hope this helps.

I hope that we can put together a good sized assault force for this
cache.  We have been wanting to make a trip out there for quite some
time.  The more we have the better it should be.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache