[Az-Geocaching] Mountain Goats Revenge bites the dust

Mon, 11 Nov 2002 18:56:10 EST

--part1_b8.3112d4d5.2b019d9a_boundary

 Hi All,

        Well, sad to say Mountain goats revenge has succumbed to the powers
that be. Just 4 days shy of being placed for a year it has been liberated by
the park. IM thinking our favorite site steward had something to do with
this.
       The idea to place this cache in that location, was due to
accessibility and being near Team Springs first find. What gave the location
away was the fact during the week we were looking for a location to place the
cache, we observed numerous people climbing over the area. Long before the
site stewards decided that geocaching was the cause of all the vandalism,
litter, and theft in AZ.
       In any event I think the White Tank area should be closed down from
public use.
IM sure the county could do without the $75.00 I spent going there during the
year (this is just one person) as well as the savings of not having the
rangers to pay. IM sure Steward Rasmussin (sp) would do a fine job in running
everyone away from her precious area a lot better than any ranger ever will.
       IM off the soapbox now. Thanks for taking the time reading this
ramble.

 Harry - Team Spring

--part1_b8.3112d4d5.2b019d9a_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"> Hi All,<BR>
<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;   Well, sad to say Mountain goats revenge has succumbed to the powers that be. Just 4 days shy of being placed for a year it has been liberated by the park. IM thinking our favorite site steward had something to do with this. <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The idea to place this cache in that location, was due to accessibility and being near Team Springs first find. What gave the location away was the fact during the week we were looking for a location to place the cache, we observed numerous people climbing over the area. Long before the site stewards decided that geocaching was the cause of all the vandalism, litter, and theft in AZ. <BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; In any event I think the White Tank area should be closed down from public use.<BR>
IM sure the county could do without the $75.00 I spent going there during the year (this is just one person) as well as the savings of not having the rangers to pay. IM sure Steward Rasmussin (sp) would do a fine job in running everyone away from her precious area a lot better than any ranger ever will.<BR>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; IM off the soapbox now. Thanks for taking the time reading this ramble.<BR>
 <BR>
 Harry - Team Spring</FONT></HTML>

--part1_b8.3112d4d5.2b019d9a_boundary--