[Az-Geocaching] RE: grrrrrrrrrrr more mis information from the Site Stewards

Team Tierra Buena listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18:55:01 -0700

> A suggestion was also given that if any of you would like to submit an
article > to the next Watch dealing with your experiences as a
geocachers that would be  > a great way to educate site stewards on what
the sport is and help give the
> other side of the story.  If anyone would like to do this the article
must be > no longer than one page, and it must go to Steve Gross first
for proofreading.

That comes as complete news to me, but I'll be glad to go over anyone's
article.

> It would need to be to Mary by January 10, 2003.  I would also like to
inform > you of a follow up meeting that will be held on January 14,
2003 with local
> landmanagers and Site Stewards. Some time will be devoted to the
geocaching
> issue and updating the situation.

And as the SHPO liaison, Mary has invited me to make a presentation on
Geocaching to that meeting, and I have accepted. I'd be grateful for
anyone's input on how to approach that presentation, either here on the
forum or via direct email to me.

> As I said before please do not let this one article undo all the good
that has > been accomplished.

It's tough, Jill. As hard as I've tried not to, I'm afraid I lost it a
little bit after reading those articles yesterday, too.

> I hope I have been of some help in this issue

Perhaps even more than you realize.

> I  know some of you can't say the same for site steward's, but
hopefully that will change in the future.

Both groups need to remember that we can't tar all of the other side
with the same brush.

Thanks so much for your efforts, Jill.

Steve
Team Tierra Buena