[Az-Geocaching] RE: grrrrrrrrrrr more mis information from the Site Stewards

Jill McCormick listserv@azgeocaching.com
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 18:40:24 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0107_01C28756.4C989340

As promised I spoke with Mary Estes about Shelley Rasmussen's article.  =
Mary asked me to pass along her thoughts on this issue.  First off, she =
asked that you must remember that the article was written well in =
advance of the September 27th meeting (I believe the deadline for =
submitting articles for that issue of the Watch was September 9th).  =
Also, she assured me that a follow-up article detailing the events of =
the meeting  and an update of the situation would be included in the =
next issue of the Watch that will be coming out on March 1, 2003.  She =
also said how pleased she was with the outcome of the September meeting, =
and had received an update from Shelley about a week ago saying that of =
the nineteen sites with caches all but four had been removed. A =
suggestion was also given that if any of you would like to submit an =
article to the next Watch dealing with your experiences as a geocachers =
that would be a great way to educate site stewards on what the sport is =
and help give the other side of the story.  If anyone would like to do =
this the article must be no longer than one page, and it must go to =
Steve Gross first for proofreading. It would need to be to Mary by =
January 10, 2003.  I would also like to inform you of a follow up =
meeting that will be held on January 14, 2003 with local landmanagers =
and Site Stewards.  Some time will be devoted to the geocaching issue =
and updating the situation.  As I said before please do not let this one =
article undo all the good that has been accomplished.  Many Site =
Stewards feel the same as I do and welcome your interest in the =
outdoors.  I encourage any of you who are interested to become Site =
Stewards, we need people like you who are just as concerned as we are =
about our wilderness.  As with any organization you do have a few people =
who are a little over zealous, but I believe the majority of us are =
sane, understanding people.  If you have any questions or would like to =
discuss this issue with Mary, please feel free to contact her or myself. =
 Mary informed me that she would be in and out of her office next week, =
but if you leave a message she will get back with you.  I hope I have =
been of some help in this issue and I plan to continue to work on =
bridging the misunderstanding between geocachers and site stewards.  I =
have enjoyed conversing with all the geocachers that I have met so far, =
I  know some of you can't say the same for site steward's, but hopefully =
that will change in the future.  Keep up the good work!!!!

Sincerely,
Jill McCormick=20

------=_NextPart_000_0107_01C28756.4C989340

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>As promised I spoke with Mary Estes =
about Shelley=20
Rasmussen's article.&nbsp; Mary asked me to pass along her thoughts on =
this=20
issue.&nbsp; First off, she asked that you must remember that the =
article was=20
written well in advance of the September 27th meeting (I believe the =
deadline=20
for submitting articles for that issue of the&nbsp;Watch was September=20
9th).&nbsp; Also, she assured me that a follow-up article detailing the =
events=20
of the meeting&nbsp; and an update of the situation would be =
included&nbsp;in=20
the next issue of the Watch that will be coming out on March 1, =
2003.&nbsp; She=20
also said how pleased she was with the outcome of the =
September&nbsp;meeting,=20
and had received an update from Shelley about a week ago saying that of =
the=20
nineteen sites with caches all but four had been removed.&nbsp;A =
suggestion was=20
also given that if any of you would like to submit an article to the =
next Watch=20
dealing with your experiences as a geocachers that would be a great way =
to=20
educate site stewards on what the sport is and help give the other side =
of the=20
story.&nbsp; If anyone would like to do this the article must be no =
longer than=20
one page, and it must go to Steve Gross first for proofreading. It would =
need to=20
be to Mary by January 10, 2003.&nbsp; I would also like to inform you of =
a=20
follow up meeting that will be held on January 14, 2003 with local =
landmanagers=20
and Site Stewards.&nbsp; Some time will be&nbsp;devoted to the =
geocaching issue=20
and updating the situation.&nbsp; As I said before&nbsp;please do not =
let this=20
one article undo all the good that has been accomplished.&nbsp; Many=20
Site&nbsp;Stewards feel the same as I do and welcome&nbsp;your interest =
in the=20
outdoors.&nbsp; I encourage any of you who are interested to&nbsp;become =
Site=20
Stewards, we need people like you who are just as concerned as we are=20
about&nbsp;our&nbsp;wilderness.&nbsp; As with any organization you do =
have a few=20
people who are a little over&nbsp;zealous, but I believe the majority of =
us are=20
sane, understanding people.&nbsp; If you have any questions or would =
like to=20
discuss this issue with Mary, please feel free to contact her or=20
myself.&nbsp;&nbsp;Mary informed&nbsp;me that she would be in and out of =
her=20
office next week, but if you leave a message she will get back with =
you.&nbsp; I=20
hope I have been of some help in this issue and I plan to continue to =
work on=20
bridging the misunderstanding between geocachers and&nbsp;site =
stewards.&nbsp; I=20
have enjoyed&nbsp;conversing with all the geocachers that I have met so =
far,=20
I&nbsp; know some of you can't say the same for site steward's, but =
hopefully=20
that will change in the future.&nbsp; Keep up the good =
work!!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Sincerely,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Jill =
McCormick</FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0107_01C28756.4C989340--