[Az-Geocaching] So many people....

Bell, Robert listserv@azgeocaching.com
Thu, 7 Nov 2002 09:46:07 -0700

Hey Trish, that is supercool - Congratulations!

And remember the geocaching age old custom - you will have a year
of happiness and wedded bliss for every cache find on your honeymoon!

Just think what could have been - a wedding event cache!  You could
have gotten hundreds of keychains, happy meal toys, travel bugs and
sand dollars!

Are your vows encrypted?  What are the coordinates to the reception??
Hide the wedding presents under piles or rocks??  Are you going to
have a Dollar Store Item Dance? Toss an ammo can instead of a bouquet?

So many opportunities!

Best wishes!!
Rob
Team CHUMP

-----Original Message-----
From: trisha@brasher.com [mailto:trisha@brasher.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2002 8:46
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: [Az-Geocaching] So many people....

140 people on this list??? Holy COW!
And based upon population statistics, out of 140, you are bound to
have a few "nuts". Not pointing any fingers :-)))))  !!
('cept at me!?)

Hey all, Dan and I are getting married tomorrow. FINALLY! After his
divorce was drug out and delayed about 6 months (not by him), it was
finally final on Oct 31....HOW appropriate!

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott

Brian Cluff wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 04:44 pm, Team Tierra Buena wrote:
> > Except that Site Stewards have no enforcement powers or
> > responsibilities. I believe all *they* can legally do is notify the
> > appropriate authorities. If the cache is placed with permission, no
> > problem. If the responsible land management agency doesn't know
it's
> > there or why it's there, it's litter.
>
> I would have no problem with Ms Rasmussen if that was all she was
> doing, heck,
> I would even welcome it if she did have the power to do something
> about some
> litter.  At least if she had some power she would be expect to
> punish/fine..
> whatever the correct person.
> But in reality what she is doing I believe is causeing much more
> damage than
> any person should be allowed to cause something without following up
> with
> some real proof.
> I know that the article was written before the meeting, but given the
> tone of
> the article and the way she left the meeting, I'm positive that she
> hasn't
> changed her mind a bit, and in fact, we will probably be the first
> group of
> people that she thinks of when she sees litter or damage.
> I'm just afraid that if she keeps telling people that geocachers are
> horrible
> people over and over again that they will start to believe it.
>
> > number of communications channels were opened. Two: As a direct
> result
> > of the article, more people in Arizona started Geocaching and came
> > this web site and list server than ever before. Brian or Jason can
> > correct me, but I think the number of list server subscribers has
> just
> > about doubled since the article ran.
>
> I wish it was that good of a turn out.  The list went up by about 15
> people
> around the time of the article.  After a while the lookey loos bailed
> out and
> we lost almost half that many.  We have over 140 people on the list
> currently, so it was nowhere near half.
>
> On a funny note, I just got a message last week from the guy that was
> accusing
> us of running around his gated property and leaving trash including
> condoms
> lying around.  He thought that we had subscribed him to the list to
> get him
> back for the comment, and begged me to release him from that torture.
>
> I just reminded him that I would never do that, and he had subscribed
> himself,
> and pointed him in the direction of the web page to get
unsubscribed.
> don't know if he did get unsubscribed or not though.... but I thought
> it was
> pretty funny that he tortured himself for his unfortunate comments.
>
> Brian Cluff
> Team Snaptek
-geocaching</a>

> Arizona's Geocaching Resource