[Az-Geocaching] So many people....

Wed, 06 Nov 2002 07:46:24 -0800 (PST)

140 people on this list??? Holy COW!
And based upon population statistics, out of 140, you are bound to
have a few "nuts". Not pointing any fingers :-)))))  !!
('cept at me!?)

Hey all, Dan and I are getting married tomorrow. FINALLY! After his
divorce was drug out and delayed about 6 months (not by him), it was
finally final on Oct 31....HOW appropriate!

Trisha "Lightning"
Prescott

Brian Cluff wrote:

> On Tuesday 05 November 2002 04:44 pm, Team Tierra Buena wrote:
> > Except that Site Stewards have no enforcement powers or
> > responsibilities. I believe all *they* can legally do is notify the
> > appropriate authorities. If the cache is placed with permission, no
> > problem. If the responsible land management agency doesn't know
it's
> > there or why it's there, it's litter.
>
> I would have no problem with Ms Rasmussen if that was all she was
> doing, heck,
> I would even welcome it if she did have the power to do something
> about some
> litter.  At least if she had some power she would be expect to
> punish/fine..
> whatever the correct person.
> But in reality what she is doing I believe is causeing much more
> damage than
> any person should be allowed to cause something without following up
> with
> some real proof.
> I know that the article was written before the meeting, but given the
> tone of
> the article and the way she left the meeting, I'm positive that she
> hasn't
> changed her mind a bit, and in fact, we will probably be the first
> group of
> people that she thinks of when she sees litter or damage.
> I'm just afraid that if she keeps telling people that geocachers are
> horrible
> people over and over again that they will start to believe it.
>
> > number of communications channels were opened. Two: As a direct
> result
> > of the article, more people in Arizona started Geocaching and came
> > this web site and list server than ever before. Brian or Jason can
> > correct me, but I think the number of list server subscribers has
> just
> > about doubled since the article ran.
>
> I wish it was that good of a turn out.  The list went up by about 15
> people
> around the time of the article.  After a while the lookey loos bailed
> out and
> we lost almost half that many.  We have over 140 people on the list
> currently, so it was nowhere near half.
>
> On a funny note, I just got a message last week from the guy that was
> accusing
> us of running around his gated property and leaving trash including
> condoms
> lying around.  He thought that we had subscribed him to the list to
> get him
> back for the comment, and begged me to release him from that torture.
>
> I just reminded him that I would never do that, and he had subscribed
> himself,
> and pointed him in the direction of the web page to get
unsubscribed.