[Az-Geocaching] More on Sorts

Holmes, Richard listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:45:58 -0800

B,

Is there a way to do a primary and secondary sort? I 'spose one could build
a "book" from the first sort, then sort that with the second sort, etc.

Dick
CJ

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian Cluff [mailto:brian@snaptek.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 05, 2002 2:13 PM
To: listserv@azgeocaching.com
Subject: Re: [Az-Geocaching] gggrrrrrrrrrr more mis infromation from the
site stewards

On Tuesday 05 November 2002 01:56 pm, Team Tierra Buena wrote:
> Ms Rasmussen may well continue to sound the alarm, as is her right. I
> believe our most powerful rebuttal is to practice responsible
> Geocaching, when both hiding and hunting.

I would have to disagree a little with this statement.  It is definalty her
right to voice her concern to her superiors, and she should feel free to do
so, but she seems to continually subject us to libel and slander in very
public forums.

This article for the site stewards paints a picture of geocaching being such
bad thing that there is almost no legal place left for us to hide cache
(which is not true, the only people that said not to put caches on their
land
was the various indian tribal lands), so therefore any cache that a site
steward might find on or OFF of an arch site MUST have been put there
illegally.

I would still like know what it takes to get an archeology site taken off of

the list of sites that get monitored.
The argument after the sep 27 meeting with geocachers vs Ms. Rasmussen,
shouldn't have happened.  The problem being that we were both correct.  If
thats an archeology site that they are currently monitoring, then she is
correct that there shouldn't be a cache there, but if it's a govt has put a
trail, bridge, and sign there so that they can encourage people to visit the

site.... and we also have the blessing of the forrest service, then we are
right.  Of course the forrest service takes presidence over the site
stewards
so in the end geocachers were in the right to have a cache there, but the
argument shouldn't have taken place in the first place, because the site
should have been taken off the list of sites to monitor.  At least in my
opinion it should have been.
It just seems like those pictures that you see where a sign says, "no
stopping
at any time" and a stop sign about 15 feet in front of it.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek