[Az-Geocaching] Web Crawling SPAM?

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 2 Nov 2002 16:17:39 -0700

On Saturday 02 November 2002 09:43 am, trisha@brasher.com wrote:
> Hey guys....Brian, Jason....,
> I just got two "ads" on my personal email, one saying "they couldn't
> access my website" (azgeocaching.com) and another similar about
> website maintenance.
> Did the site get hit with a SPAM crawler?

I'm sure we've been crawled more than once.
You should see all the spam that the list catches in it's moderation system
that gets send to /dev/null (The trash).

I really hate the stupidity that goes into these spammers marketing.  Imagine
the sites that have possibly thousands of e-mail address visible on their web
pages and people sending mail to every single one of them hoping to reach the
person that runs that site.
'course with this person, when I do finally get the mail, it gets caught by my
spam filter 99% of the time so it never gets seen at all, and all the
bandwidth used for the spam is just completely wasted... not that it wouldn't
be wasted if I actualy got the mail :)

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek