[Az-Geocaching] Milestones

Scott Sparks listserv@azgeocaching.com
Sat, 02 Nov 2002 10:24:14 -0700

I'd just like to take a moment to announce a couple milestones for my
family's team, Team Sprocket.   We began geocaching on September 19th of
this year, just 45 days ago, after being introduced to the
sport/hobby/obsession by a close friend, AJ.JR.  I quickly involved my
wife and two children and, this past week, we surpassed 3 important
milestones.  On Wednesday, we tied, and then passed Team Sand Dollar's
old record of  93 (Arizona) finds in one month.  That same day, we found
our 100th cache, and hit the respected "century" mark.  In the process
of that marathon caching day, we crept into 2nd place for the most
(Arizona) finds in one day with 26, second only to Wolfb8's astounding
record from September 9th.  We spent over 13 hours caching that day and
drove over 170 miles on just a Starbucks coffee and a cheese danish.  On
Thursday, we finished up with 101 finds in the month of October  and we
celebrated with dinner at Red Lobster.  We want to thank all of the
geocachers in Arizona (and elsewhere) who hid caches that we found and
challenged both our minds and our physical endurance.  We also want to
thank all of you who have developed and promoted the sport of geocaching
and particularly those who maintain the web sites associated with it.

Thank you all.
Team Spocket
(Sprocket, Lady Sprocket, Spark Plug & Sparky)