[Az-Geocaching] Congrats, irony, and thanks for the new micros!

Mike Schwarz listserv@azgeocaching.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 14:53:16

My congrats go out to everyone who passed a century mark recently.
I got infected with the geocaching bug around Feb 1.  Although I
found a few before that, they were few and far between.

The irony of the forest closures for a few of us is, we might
actually find more caches BECAUSE of the closures.  That is true
for me.

I consider hiking to be the primary reason to go up north to the
forests, and finding caches to be secondary.  If the forests were
open like usual, I'd spend a lot of weekend time hiking trails
like Mount Elden and Kendrick Peak, and maybe finding caches if
they happen to be close to where I'm hiking.

But now, all these nice, cool forests are closed off.   :(   :(
So, with extra time on my hands because of the hi-country hikes
that I'm NOT doing, I have more time to search for urban caches.
Thanks a lot to everyone who's placed all the new ones in the
Phx metro area recently!  These will help tide us over until the
forests reopen.  I'll try to place one in Tempe myself, sometime
in early June.

Mike (Malthusian)