[Az-Geocaching] Coronado National Forest Closed

Scott Wood listserv@azgeocaching.com
Tue, 28 May 2002 11:13:56 -0700

At 09:34 AM 5/28/2002 -0700, you wrote:
>The entire Coronado National Forest is closed until further notice from 8am
>this morning. See:

I have temporarily disabled both caches that I currently have on National
Forest land.  I would suggest that anyone that has one in the Coronado do
the same thing.

Given the conditions out there, I think we are about done going after
caches that are off the beaten path until we see some rain.  We went out to
Ironwood this weekend and found a couple of the caches out there.  It was
so dry that I was somewhat uncomfortable even being out there.

I want to thank the teams that have hidden some of the new urban caches
here in Tucson, and we will be hiding 2 or 3 new urban caches over the next
week or so.  That way we can keep our "fix" going.

Again, if you have a cache in the Coronado National Forest, or you need to
travel through the Coronado National Forest to get to your cache, please
take a few minutes to temporarily disable it.  As much as I hate see any
closure of the national forest, things are not normal right now and there
is no reason to be out there right now.

Scott
Team My Blue Heaven
www.myblueheaven.com/geocache