[Az-Geocaching] Cache bandits

Brian Cluff listserv@azgeocaching.com
25 May 2002 10:36:38 -0700

> There have been 3 or 4 instances of this happening that I have come across
> down here.  I only have one cache left that is in an ammo can, and I plan
> on replacing it with something else as soon as I can.  Ammo cans are cheap,
> but I use them for a 100 things around the house and don't want to lose
> them.  As for caches that I am hiding, I have come across some new
> containers that are small (they hide easily) and seem to be very water proof.

I'm still thinking about welding a chain with a big stake on it to an
amo can, so that if they want to hike in the middle of nowhere to steal
my amo can they are going to work for it.  Plus it make the amo can less
desireable for other uses.

I would also think that is people would take stensils and paint it up so
that is says it's a geocaching container, the theif would have to either
paint over it themselves or get a guilty geeling every time anyone say
it again.

Brian Cluff
Team Snaptek.

P.S. If anyone wants to try the can -> chain -> stake idea and doesn't
have a welder, just let me know and I can weld the whole thing together
for you.